|Description||Black cotton skirt with design consisting of white "x", pink and blue spools, and blue flowers with green stems. Skirt is comprised of three sections, each one pleated and attached to the one above it. Opening on reverse has one metal snap closure and two long ties.|
Dorothy Clement was the donor's cousin. She moved to Florida from Ohio in the mid to late 1940s. Trained as a beautician, she eventually obtained work in a beauty salon owned by Betty Caldwell. The salon was located on the south side of Pine Street between Orange Magnolia Avenues behind the 5&10.
Dorothy and her co-workers decided to dress in older style dresses for Orlando's Centennial Celebration in 1957. She chose to dress as a pioneer woman and made her own dress.
|Dimensions||H-35 W-48.5 inches|
|Condition Notes||2" hole along seam in reverse near opening.|